VIKALP FOUNDATION is a non-profit, philanthropic, voluntary organization, committed to work at grass root level, for the progress of poverty stricken rural populace in six blocks of the Gaya District in Bihar with its focus on gender justice and with the goal of changing the region’s development perspectives from needs to rights.
Dr. Chandra Shekhar Azad, Secretary and other volunteers formed the organization VIKALP FOUNDATION on 2nd Oct 1998 and further registered under Indian Societies Registration Act on 3rd August 2001 at Patna.
The organization has its own MOU and executive committee is abiding by this. In the primary stage the organization initiate the activities with limited tangible and intangible resources. We had received small grants in the commencement years from NABARD. Patna, IDF. Bangalore, Gram Niyojan Kendra, Gaziyabad, WDC, New Delhi apart from community contribution.
The organization facilitates inputs on perspective building, advocacy processes and professional development amongst women’s organizations and grass root level social groups in the intervention area. Networking, influencing districts agencies and lobbying in favors of social justice are some of the organization’s basic strategies to accomplish its mission. It there for networks with different major groups in the district on specific issues and work directly with rural groups in the intervention area.
Creating a social environment in which integrated development of the marginalized and excluded community takes place.
Evolving and promoting a family centered approach in the development of the marginalized and excluded.
- To promote and coordinate community health in the rural areas through promotion of Health and Family Welfare and Immunization for mother and child.
- To ensure equal opportunity in society by leading to improve quality of life of CWDs/PWDs.
- To provide relief in the natural calamities such as disaster, droughts etc.
- To promote social integration in the villages and implement community development programs.
- To promote production and productivity of the farm and allied activities in the rural areas through awareness, education and community actions including water harvesting.
- To promote literacy through adult literacy, child literacy etc and to prevent social and domestic violence.
- To coordinate and promote livelihood opportunity through vocational trainings and capacity building of the youths/PWDs.
- To support the marginalized, social excluded and disadvantaged sections such as disabled, old age, widow, Dalits, separated peoples affected with fatal diseases such as AIDS, leprosy, TB, cancer etc of the society through various programs and activities.
- To promote accessibility towards safe drinking water and sanitation including water conservation and behavioral changed in the people.
|Mr. Shahdeo Prasad
|Dr. Chandra Shekhar Azad
|Smt. Mala Sinha
|Sri Mohan Singh
|Smt. Pratima Kumari
|Sri Shashibhushan Paswan
|Smt. Srimati Devi
- Under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. Reg. Number: 246 at Patna dated 03/08/2001.
- Under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976. Reg. Number: 031090059 at New Delhi
- Niti Aayog (NGO Darpan): Reg. Number: BR/2017/0165302
- Registered under Income Tax
- No. 12A / 2003-04/ 4814-16
- No.- 80G /2004-05/4817-19
- PAN (Permanent Account Number): AAAJV0 294 K
- TAN (Tax Deduction Account Number): PTNV01143C
- Human Resources Policy
- Financial Manual Policy
- Child Safe-Gaurding Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Gender Policy
- Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harrassment
- Policy on conflict of Interest